Saturday, December 24, 2011

Old Traditions - Day 63



I am a bit of a stickler for tradition. Traditions are what make the holidays special, at least to me. Making shortbread with my mom and sister the way we used to with my Grandmother. Tree day with Brian and his mom. Traditions are what make the holidays magical.
One tradition that I pray will go on forever is Christmas Eve service at church. And the one part of service that I remember from every year as a child is singing the 12 days of Christmas. The Jesus version. 

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me…
Eternity to praise,
a Thousand Tongues to sing,
Streets of pure gold, 
Mansions above, 
a Robe and a Crown,
a Body glorified,
Power from on high,
Joy for my soul, 
Love for all men,
Peace in my heart, 
Everlasting life
and 
Salvation…full and free.

Grayson enjoyed his first year of Pastor Steve leading the church in this song.

Traditions make the holidays more special, and I’m so thankful for old ones that continue one.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment