Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coconut PadThai - Day 3

There are times when meal planning just doesn’t work. This weekend we did not make it a priority to plan our menu, so when dinner came around last night there was no clear choice for what to make for dinner. And to be honest I had no idea what we had in the house, other than chicken. So to the pantry I went. And found nothing – well pistachio pudding, but that doesn’t really go well for dinner. Then after rooting around in the back corner I found a can of coconut milk. And I rooted around in the fridge and found the remnants of a bottle of PadThai. And so dinner was created. Rice with chicken cooked in coconut PadThai. And even more than just that I got dinner on the table, it’s something that we would make on purpose again.
I’m so grateful that I’ve learned my way around the kitchen enough to make dinner from what seems like nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment