Sunday, October 23, 2011

35 Years - Day 1

Today I get to celebrate 35 year. No I’m not 35 yet, and I haven’t been married that long, but my wonderful parents have.
35 years ago my parents stood in front of their friends and family and most importantly God, and committed to love each other until their time on earth ended.
So why am I grateful for 35 years? It’s more that not fact that my parents are still married 35 years after their wedding day, or that I have never had to go through my parents divorcing like so many of my friends. I’m grateful for the example that my parents have been to Brian and I of what a God centered marriage really is. The example of the everyday, the example of making it work. My parents have taught us what love really is; love is a choice, especially in marriage. Love is something that we must choose every day by laying down our agenda and putting our spouse first.
I’m not saying that the 35 years have been perfect, but I have never doubted that my parents loved each other as much, if not more, than the day they were married.
I’m so grateful to have been able to witness the last 27 years of their marriage and been loved by them for 27 years too.

Mom and Dad, Thank you for the great example you have been for me, and the example that you will continue to be.
I love you both so much.

1 comment: