Thursday, January 27, 2011

babE Grayson: 32 Weeks

Well we made it! After our time at McMaster our goal was to make it to 32 weeks. Now Gray has an immune system and has a lot better chance in the outside world. 

We saw Dr Newell in Guelph last week, and she shared the goal of 34 weeks that the Dr’s in Hamilton did. If we can make it 2 more weeks Gray can be born in Guelph instead of Hamilton, and will just have a bit of growing and maturing to do in the outside world. 

It seems like so long ago that we were just praying to get to 24 weeks, and we’ve flown past that. We’ve spent almost 11 weeks in bed, and although it hasn’t been easy, I’m not pulling out my hair just yet. I had some visitors in the last week and some phone calls to lift my spirits. 

So now we just wait – we’ve done everything we can to get to this point, so we just keep doing what we’ve been doing. Any sign of anything happening sends me back to bed flat on my back – which isn’t my favourite thing but I’d rather be doing it at home than in the hospital. 

Hopefully we’re not sending out birth announcements in the next few weeks, but if that’s what happens, we know that Gray is okay, and will be okay. 

We’ll have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring. 

Have a blessed day, 

Thank you for all your prayers – we’re praying for all of you constantly. 


Jacqueline and Brian,
And babE Grayson too

No comments:

Post a Comment