Tuesday, December 07, 2010

106

There are 106 days until Grayson should be here.  And 6 more days until I get to see Harry Potter! B wanted to take me last week, but I just wasn’t up to it, and I thought it would be a great treat to start the countdown to 100 days left of bed rest.

Things around here have been pretty normal. B’s mom and stepdad came over yesterday and spend the morning finishing the decorating. It’s so nice to see my house all lit up and ready for Christmas. I’m a bit disappointed that I couldn’t do it myself, but I’m glad that someone was nice enough to offer to do it and bless us.

I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to thank B’s parent’s for everything they’re doing. They plan on coming every week and cleaning or doing laundry or whatever we need to be done. It’s so great to know that I have people in my life that are willing to take time out of their day to help us.

We got some exciting news this past week. My big sister’s husband has been offered a great opportunity with work and will be spending 2011 in the south. It’s a great step for him with work. The hard part is going to be keeping my sister distracted for the year. But I have a feeling that I know a little guy that will need some snuggles from Aunti J. If this has happened last year or the year before it wouldn’t have been a big deal. My sister used to work 60 to 80 hour weeks, but this past summer my sister changed jobs and is now working a usual 9 to 5 – with a lot more hours in the day to fill in with things other than work. But that means that I can have my big sis over for dinner once a week and she can snuggle Mr G for a few hours. I’m glad that she did make the change – she was going to burn out bad soon, and was taking on too much. But she is J – and this is what she has done her entire life. I’m just glad that she’s realized her limitations, and that it’s okay to have a life outside work.

Mr G seems to think that I should have some lunch, and possibly a nap, so I’ll be signing off. 106 days and I should be holding my little guy in my arms and not in my belly.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment