Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CD update

We’re almost a month into our cloth diapering adventure and I’m loving it. We’re getting into a routine, and Brian is even more on board with cloth diapers. He wasn’t a hard sell from the beginning financially, but he wasn’t too sure how much he was going to be doing other than just changing diapers. This weekend he even washed and dried a load of diapers for me while I had a nap. I’ve done quite a bit more research since we got our first set of cloth a month ago. I’ve decided on the next set of diapers we will use when Gray is a bit bigger. Gray has out grown the first set of covers that we bought. Big milestone for us! This is the first thing that he’s outgrown. He’s out of preemie diapers now! So I went and got some Bummis covers from out local store. I got two kinds, by fluke actually.

I got a few Super Brite wraps, and a Super Whisper Wrap. Thing that I love the most about both of these is that the tabs are Velcro on the top as well – so for my little munchkin who’s waist is oh so tiny, I can overlap the tabs. I love the Super Brite because it has an extra leg gusset, so his tiny legs won’t let out any leaks. I also picked up a few dozen preemie prefolds to have until he’s a bit bigger and we can start using the infant ones. I’ll share how I conditioned them in a bit. I am able to use all the innards to the preemie diapers that we got, I just needed some new covers, but the prefolds are a bit more absorbant for night time. Last week I was checking out a new diaper store in our area and found some Bummis Super Lite covers! They may not be patterned but they are gorgeous none the less. Pro – they’re about 4$ cheaper than the patterned ones, con – they don’t have Velcro on the top of the tabs so I can only use them when G is big enough to not have the tabs cross. These covers have a great elastic strip at the back and around the legs as well, and they’re trim, no extra bulk here! 

DSC06450
Here’s my little Man in one of his cute new Super Lite wraps!


I’m so excited for where we are on our journey. I’m a total cloth diaper mama! Stay tuned for future updates. Maybe Gray will grow out of his diapers and we’ll be into the infant sized diapers!


No comments:

Post a Comment