Monday, May 09, 2011

Poop

Never in my life did I think that I would talk about poop so much! My mother in law and I have in depth conversations regarding poop. The doctors and I talk about poop. B and I even have conversations about it in bed these days.
Why has poop overtaken our lives? Well G’s bowels were underdeveloped when he was born and we have to be very cautious about how often he’s pooping. So not what I expected!
So we seem to count days between poppy diapers and make sure that he’s going often enough. I can’t say I enjoy counting the days or what’s required if he’s waited too long in between. But I do what’s best for Mr. G. 

For a couple who leaves the bathroom talk in the bathroom and always had, we talk about G’s bowel movements far too much. I’m sure he’ll love reading this when he’s older. Oh well. I’m happy to change poopy diapers if they come on their own, and occasionally send messages to our NICU nurses to let them know that he’s still doing okay, or when he’s decided to be particularly explosive the way he was in the hospital. 

He gave me a great Mother’s Day present today so I didn’t have to stimulate some poop out of him. Again – I know, not the most fun thing in the world. 

Here’s hoping that G’s bowels catch up in the next few months and we don’t have to worry about this much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment