Saturday, September 11, 2010

Two Wonderful Years

Tomorrow is the second anniversary of the day I married my best friend. I can’t believe that it was two years ago already. Time seems to have gone so fast. I remember sitting in the big tent in the backyard drinking my first up of tea out of my special mug, staring at the place I would stand in a few hours and commit my life to being his wife and best friend.

Two years seems to have flow by in a flash. Last year we spent our anniversary celebrating the life of our sister in law’s father. We went away to Old Quebec City for a long weekend and explored part of our Canadian history that neither of us had seen. We spend the car ride listening to a series of marriage CD’s just gathering tips and tricks, and coming to the realization that as hard as we have committed to keeping our relationship strong, we’re guilty of some things that can cause us to bicker. We had a great visit with our sister’s in Ottawa. A few pints and some great laughs and the realization that we’re not all that different despite the difference in age.

This year we’ll be celebrating a little differently. We went on an early anniversary trip back in June and spend an amazing week in Mexico reconnecting and starting new adventures together. But tomorrow night we’ll head to the restaurant that hosted us the night we got married, and sit down for a dinner just the two of us. We’ll sip on some champagne, and look head to the next year we have together. A year that will be full of changes.

This year we will welcome our first child into our family. We’ll have many sleepless nights, many moments of wondering what we’re doing, and many moments of pure joy. This next year is something we’ve been looking forward to since before we got married. We’ve always wanted a family, and this year we’ll be starting ours.

Tomorrow we’ll say goodbye to the years of just the two of us, and look forward to the years of the 3 and 4 and maybe even 5 of us.

I am so blessed to have B as my husband. I could have never asked for such an amazing husband and provider. I have the honour of calling my best friend my husband, and spending my days and nights with him.

We started our life together two years ago, but a true loves story has no ending. We will be together for eternity. I made my home in his heart and that’s where I’ll live out the rest of my days.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment