Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 97 - Fast Lane - Guest by Lyndsey


Morning All!
My friend Lyndsey is guesting today. This past year we've both spent time on bedrest and both welcomed our first little ones into our family. Lyndsey has a great perspective I think we can all take something from, I know I did after reading her post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living Life in the Fast Lane

My name is Lyndsey Ehgoetz, and I have known Jac since high school!  We shared the same love for dance and cheerleading and now share the pleasure of being moms to our children-both the same age.  Reading all of the other stories lately, about what Jac and her network of friends are thankful for has really made me think about the past year and all of the things I have to be thankful for.  

In the last year my husband Andrew and I have done a lot.  Most people joke that we really like to keep our lives as interesting as possible.  Yes-that may be very true!  In the last two years we have done it all.  We have been married, filmed a reality television show, sold our house, bought a brand new house, started a business, and had a baby girl!  Yes-that's right, in that two years, we really did all of that.  An expensive two years, to say the least!  Amongst all that was even more stress.  My pregnancy was pretty rough, consisting of bed rest and some pretty scary moments.  Our beautiful daughter Lily Ann was born three and a half weeks early, but incredibly healthy after all of that!  I'm thankful for so many things these days, most importantly Lily Ann's safe arrival.  I'm thankful for our home,  our health, and our incredibly supportive network of family and friends.  I'm thankful for Andrew's ability to start his dream job-even though I may have appeared fearful. 

A few weeks ago Andrew and I were discussing this year, and how he has now been in business a full year.  I'm so proud of him and it is going quite well.  He works so hard and even when it seems like “keeping up with the Joneses” is the thing to do, we will remain in our modest and cute home for another few years.  He told me that he is thankful we have a beautiful home and nice things.  He went on to say that so many people are not happy with what they have and they always want bigger and better.  I must say, I am guilty of wanting bigger and better most of the time.  I have a real knack for picking out and wanting the most expensive things-just ask my dad!  This past year however, I believe I have really learned about what it means to be truly happy with what you have.  I feel so blessed for my beautiful and healthy daughter, and that we have a home filled with love.  The size of our home and the “things” we have inside, don't make us a happy, loving family.  It is US that make our family and lives filled with so much happiness.  I'm so thankful for the success that my husband has had so far, and he is so happy everyday when he comes home from work.  We had to take a step back to move forward in our lives.  That step back was more than just a financial step back.  I learned so much more about what happiness truly means.  It goes so much deeper than the material things.  My baby girl is here and healthy, my husband is enjoying his dream job, and I am a mom.  That is SUCCESS!  It doesn't get better than that!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to enter the giveaways going on this week!!

Jennifer at Finding My Way in Texas is giving away a giftcard for her shop
 !!!
and

Jessi at NaptimeDiaries is giveaway some prints!!

you have until Midnight on Sunday to enter.

PLUS

I'll be posting another giveaway tonight. Hint!! I made it!!!!






Image and video hosting by TinyPic 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment