Monday, October 25, 2010

It’s a …

babE Boy!

B and I are so excited that we’ll be meeting our son in just over 20 weeks. It seems weird that we know, but also amazing that we’ll be able to start calling him by name and buying little things for him.
We’ve decided on a name. Our son will be Grayson David Richard. Strong and Distinguished as my friend R says. B and I both had different criteria for names. I wanted something that was unique but not too off the wall, and B wanted something that would work well in the business world. So after months of discussion and searching we finally agreed on a name. The middle names are family names that we think are important to pass on to our Son. Names of people that have done some pretty amazing things, and have created a heritage that he’ll learn more about as he goes through life.

Our day went something like this today: We woke up, realized that we were already running late to make it to our Dr’s appt. So rush rush rush to get there as close to time as we could. Saw the Doctor. Have I told you how much I love her! I feel so blessed to have the connections that got us into her office. She’s very good, and doesn’t talk down to us at all. She clearly communicates everything to us. She wants to know the smallest things, just so she can track them and know if it might become an issue, before it becomes and issue. Anyways. After our appt with her, we still had 40 minutes to wait before our ultrasound. I had purposely scheduled our ultrasound that same day, within the same building, so then B wouldn’t have to take extra time off work to be there. I know my husband and he does not want to miss a thing if he can help it, so I try to make it work so that he can always be there. So during our wait we went to the coffee shop in the main floor, just chatted, talked about what we thought it might be. It was a nice break in what turned out to be a long morning. And then we headed up to the ultrasound.

The girl that did our ultrasound was very nice. She’s still a student and just finishing up her practical hours. It did take a bit longer than we had planned, or we had thought, but it was nice to see when we were all done. B came into the room, and sat down at my feet and held my hand as the ultrasound tech gave us a ‘tour’ of the babE. And then the big announcement. There was no doubting it; it’s a boy. A very active boy. The grin on B’s face went from 100 watts to a million in about 3 seconds, and I have to admit I did have some tears in my eyes. I would have cried either way, but knowing that we’re passing on B’s family name for future generations is very special. We walked to the car all excited and thoughts spinning in our heads of our son. I called my mom and dad right away, I knew they wouldn’t be home to get the email when we sent it since they were off to my dad’s Uncle’s funeral. We also called B’s dad, he works just blocks from our Doctor’s office, and since it was so close to lunch we thought we might be able to grab a bite to eat with him and we were in luck. We were able to tell B’s dad in person that we’re carrying on his family name, and that he’s going to have a grandson.

Emails were sent and sisters are very excited. B’s sister has been bugging me for weeks about telling her as soon as we knew. So she’s very happy to know that she’s going to have a nephew in a few months. My sister is excited; she’s already busy planning baby showers for babE G.

18 weeks and 4 days done, 21 weeks and 3 days to go. I can’t wait to meet my son, and I’m so thankful for the technology that lets us know ahead of time that we’re going to be meeting our little Grayson soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment